Facing deportation? Find out what to do after receiving a notice to appear Read about our employer immigration services Read about our commitment to clients Learn about the benefits of hiring an attorney Get a case evaluation today

Immigrant Visas in Statesville, NC

Our Immigration Lawyer Helps Applicants Complete the Process

Two general types of visas exist for foreign nationals who wish to come to the United States: non-immigrant visas and immigrant visas. Individuals who are coming to the United States temporarily as a visitor can apply for a non-immigrant visa. If you are a foreign national looking to live and work within the United States, you will need to pursue an immigrant visa and Cobb Law, PLLC can help.

In order to apply for an immigrant visa, you must be sponsored by a lawful permanent resident, a U.S. citizen relative, or a prospective employer. Our Statesville immigration lawyer has substantial knowledge on the options you have to obtain an immigrant visa, so schedule a case evaluation at once.

Types of Immigrant Visas

Several types of immigrant visas exist. You can file for an immediate family-based visa, an employment-based visa, or a special immigrant-based visa. Types of immigration visas that do not require a U.S. sponsor are those under the diversity visa program.

The next step after having your petition approved by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services is the preliminary processing stage by the National Visa Center. If your priority date is current, your case can be sent to the U.S. Embassy. You can then be interviewed before the consular officer during your scheduled appointment. If you have successfully made it through all steps, you can apply for admission into the United States as a legal permanent resident.

Types of Family-based Visas

Family visas allow US citizens to sponsor their fiancés or spouses to join then in the US either on a temporary nonimmigrant visa. Family members of US citizens may also be eligible for permanent residency in the US by means of a family based Green Card.

Different types of family visas include:

  • K1 Visa: Lets U.S. citizens sponsor their fiancés to come to the US for their wedding and apply for a Green Card
  • K3 Visa: Allows a U.S. citizen to sponsor their spouse to come to the US while their Green Card is processed
  • IR Green Card: Permits U.S. citizens to sponsor foreign spouses, children, and parents for a Green Card
  • F1-F3 Green Card: Lets U.S. citizens sponsor their children to become permanent US residents
  • F2 Green Card: Lets permanent US residents sponsor their foreign spouses and allows children to apply for a Green Card
  • F4 Green Card: Is used by U.S. citizens to sponsor their siblings who want to apply for permanent residence

Work-based Visas

Priority workers in the U.S. must be the beneficiary of an approved Form I-140 filed with the USCIS.

Three sub-groups exist within this category:

  • Persons with extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts, education, business, or athletics
  • Outstanding professors and researchers with at least three years of teaching or research
  • Multinational managers or executives who have worked for at least one of the three past years for a US employer

Other nonimmigrant visas are also available for those looking to heavily invest in US-based companies, which include E-2 and EB-5 visas.

Provisions of Legal Permanent Residency

With a green card, you are able to live and work in the United States indefinitely. The Department of Homeland Security has the ability to grant you admission to the United States, but status as a legal permanent resident does not guarantee your admittance.

At Cobb Law PLLC, we know the laws and requirements necessary to become a legal permanent resident. Our Statesville immigration lawyer holds membership in the American Immigration Lawyers Association and many other organizations.

Contact us today to find out how we can help you!

The information on this website is for general information purposes only. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship.
Cobb Law PLLC - Statesville Immigration Attorney
Located at 224 East Water Street, Suite 2, Statesville, NC 28677. View Map
Phone: (888) 864-1038 | Local Phone: (704) 360-0828.
© 2019 All Rights Reserved.